Haraiki Pub presents Double Take
Time & Location
About The Event
Double Take is primarily an acoustic duo, and converts to a trio/full band depending on the type of show. This dynamic coupling hails from Montreal, Canada, and features Lyne Ste-Marie on vocals, guitar, harmonica and percussion, and Andy Cook on vocals and guitar. Lyne has spent many years performing with Becket Players and also as a vocalist for groups such as Roxfield Point, Sirens, The Divas of Pop and other musical ventures. Andy, a multi-instrumentalist, had a hit song in Newfoundland in the 90`s with Phantom called We Never Said Goodbye. Over the span of his 30 year music career, he has been involved in numerous projects. He is also owner of Productions DoubleTake, a booking & promotional agency for musicians.
· An average Double Take show ends up with the crowd singing along and participating. This is not your average background music duo, they never sit down during their shows, and treat each one like a big stage event!
· Musical styles are acoustic-based rock/pop/dance/blues.
· Covering a very wide variety of cover songs by artists such as Prince, The Beatles, U2, Coldplay, Kain, Marjo, Nick Lowe, Neil Young, Supertramp, Tea Party, Bad Company, Jessie J, Queen, Pagliaro, Huey Lewis, Bon Jovi, Stone Temple Pilots, Amanda Marshall, and many more!
· Musical inspiration comes from bands such as Bon Jovi, The Eagles and the Beatles. Double Take believes that a good song is one that can be played simply with a guitar and vocal.
· Some venues they play at: Duke and Devine`s (Vaudreuil, QC), Le Club Dome (Kirkland, QC), Blueberry Hill Bistro (Vankleek Hill, Ont.) Billy Buck (Montreal, QC), Gigzz Musique Resto(Ormstown,QC), Bier Markt (Ottawa, Ont.) Au Fond Du Baril (Dorion, QC), Cafe Bistro Saint-Bruno, VV Taverna(Montreal), Maison Blanche(Granby), Bistro Loge 95(Rigaud), Taverne De La Ferme (Ormstown), Chateau Du Lac(Hudson), La Chapelle(Mercier), and many private parties, fundraisers and events.